The department offers multifunction printers for usage to all people, bases on Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci e Kyocera TASKalfa 8002i in the corridors.
To use the printers, you must be connected to the ethernet campus network (via cable), or activate use the VPN. It is not possible to print from the campus WiFi network without using the VPN.
Report the issue and possibly use other printers to complete your job:
- Via web using this form
- Via email at email@example.com
- Via phone:
Multifunction printer locations (SS=sede storica (old premises), CP=Cittadella Politecnica (new premises))
|Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci||SS, 1st floor, just on the right of the main entrance|
|prnKyoSS3pB||Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci||SS, 3rd floor, in the corridor, near the elevator|
|prnKyoSS1pB||Kyocera TASKalfa 8002i (b/w)||SS, 1st floor, near the bathroom and the stairs leading to the 2nd floor|
|prnKyoSS2pC||Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci||SS, 2nd floor, between the elevator and the office for former personnel|
|prnKyoSS3pA||Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci||SS, 3nd floor, ex DAUIN (former JOL area)|
|prnKyoCP3pA||Kyocera TASKalfa 8002i (b/w)||CP, 3rd floor, near the elevator leading to the Conference Room at the 5th floor|
|prnKyoCP3pB||Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci||CP, 3rd floor, near the first windows past the main entrance|
|prnKyoCP4pA||Kyocera TASKalfa 8002i (b/w)||CP, 4th floor, near the elevator leading to the Conference Room at the 5th floor|
|prnKyoCP4pB||Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci||CP, 4th floor, near the first windows past the main entrance|
|prnKyoCPSeg||Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci||CP, 3rd floor, reserved segreteria|
|prnKyoCPLED||Kyocera TASKalfa 5053ci||CP, 2nd floor, reserved LED|
How to setup a printer
Connect to the wired campus network and follow the instructions below for your operating system.
- On Windows systems: click on Start button, type in the search bar (or click on Run and type in the bar that will open) \\elnsrvcp2.cdsdom.polito.it, authenticate with your Active Directory credentials, double-click on the chosen printer.
- On Mac OS: Open Preferences panel
- Select printers
- Click on the '+' button
- Select the printer from the list that appears
- On Linux systems (Linux, other Unixes):
- download and install the drivers for the chosen printer, following the links in the section "Drivers" below
- open a browser and type "http://localhost:631" (no quotes), to access the CUPS web administration interface
- click on "Administration"
- click on "Add printer", then on "Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)"
- in the "Connection" field, type the URL for the chosen printer, in the form "http://printername.polito.it:631" (e.g.: http://prnKyoSS1pA.polito.it:631)
- choose "Make" (Kyocera), then "Model" of the chosen printer, finally click on "Add printer"
We use a standard driver "Kyocera Classic Universaldriver PCL6" for Microsoft systems, you can download it from here.
Drivers for Linux systems are available at Kyocera website, for Taskalfa 5053ci and Taskalfa 8002i. The installation procedure on recent Linux systems may be cumbersome: for example, for Ubuntu 20.04 (the most recent LTS distribution by Canonical), it may be useful to follow the howto at https://www.onooks.com/ubuntu-20-04-python-reportlab-not-possible-to-install-print-driver-with-advaced-features-not-installable-2/, possibly together with hints on installing the old Qt4 libraries (see http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/07/install-qt4-ubuntu-20-04/)
For technical assistance, you may contact IT@DET.